Written by Dr. Maurie Pressman, a Philadelphia Psychiatrist and Therapist.
I see many couples who come to fix a relationship that is falling apart—some on the edge of divorce, others simply confused, but not willing to lose a precious other.
People in deep relationships, and this includes Twin Souls, are drawn to each other by their compatibilities and needs that are unfulfilled. The togetherness is ecstatic, heart-longing fulfillment. But, it is the day-by-day stuff that is the challenge and often the hidden rocks upon which ships founder.
The answer, is to always:
- Know that we each are different, unique
- Know that we expect the other to be like us (often unconsciously)
- Know that what we often expect that love will triumph—people will change into what we want. Wrong! People will change into themselves, more and more.
- BECOME the other person. Imagine yourself in the skin of the other person—and then you will have a better understanding. Empathize and handle each other in a different ways.
- Try to work things out together.